The European legislation on winter tyres and snow chains is constantly changing. The rules vary from country to country, and even the date of manufacture of tyres can play an important role. Branch association VACO keeps a close eye on the regulations and has mapped out the current obligations in an overview.
Current legislation for winter tyres and snow chains in europe
You can download here the latest survey of the VACO Dutch Industry Association:
This survey consists of the following parts:
- Focused information about the winter tyre legislation in Germany, France, Italy, Austria and Switzerland;
- Legislation winter tyres Europe for pcr, van and light commercial vans (≤ 3.500 kg);
- Legislation winter tyres Europe for vans (> 3.500 kg;
- Legislation snow chains Europe for pcr, vans, commercial vans (≤ 3.500 kg);
- Legislation snow chains Europe for vans.